Saturday, September 24, 2011

Amelia!

My sister gave birth to my sweet little niece, Amelia Rose, this week. I have four wonderful nephews and one adorable niece on Matt's side of the family and Amelia is my first for my side of the family.

Lauren's water broke on Tuesday at about 11am and Amelia was born at 3:22am, early Wednesday morning. My sister was a trooper and pushed lil Amelia out even after they thought there might be a c-section.

I'm not biased or anything but the baby is absolutely gorgeous - already with a nice, full face, beautiful eyes, and a perfect little mouth. Her most distinguishing feature are her Brooke Shield and eye brows and black hair that add to her beauty.

Here is Amelia and Lauren about 30 minutes after she was born:
Close up:

Aunt Jill holding her (well, my hair is in the picture, anyway):

I'm so incredibly happy for my sister and her finance, Steve. They are going to be wonderful parents and have lots of happy times ahead of them. Everyone is so excited for her to be here and thankful she came in this world as a healthy little baby.

I just love her so much!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to lauren, and to you aunt pooky!! She is adorable. So glad to hear that everyone is doing well!

    ReplyDelete